TIR for Children Workshop: 2 day workshop.
Prerequisite: Traumatic Incident Reduction Workshop (TIRW)
TIR for Children workshop is for those Practitioners that work with children, as well as for Practitioners who would like to work with children.
Incorporating the use of play with TIR, this is a structural yet person-centered approach to resolving the emotional charge contained in a child’s trauma and eliminating the negative aftereffects in a brief amount of time. This workshop also teaches the technique of unblocking, especially designed for children in a language they can understand.
As demonstrated through supervised activities and examination, the student will be able to:
- Explain the theory and practice of TIR for children
- Compare the variations of TIR for children 6-12 and children under 6
- Explain the theory and practice of Unblocking For Children
- Discuss the reasoning behind modifying TIR to address children
- Utilize communication exercises to increase rapport with clients
- Describe the importance of using play with children